Thursday, June 21, 2007

David Eddings' The Belgariad



David Eddings' The Belgariad
Begin: 06/13/07
End: 06/18/07
Quality: Ten out of Ten
Reason: Comfort Reading.
Genre: Fiction. Fantasy.
Original Language: English.
Date of Publication: 1982
Fog Index: 7.8/87% are harder.
Flesch Index: 73.4/87% are harder.
Flesch-Kincaid Index: 5.8/88% are harder.
Complex Words: 8/82% have more.
Number: Countless.
Synopsis: It's your basic fantasy story. Garion is a farm boy living with his Aunt Pol. They leave in a hurry and get caught up in a magical adventure to reclaim the Orb of Aldur and save the west from Torak.
Thoughts: I was feeling kinda low so so I decided to re-read this series. I love it. I am a little embarrased as it is not exactly literature. It's pretty cheesey and follows the general pattern of fanstay novels. The thing is that I read this story when I was in sixth grade for the first time and constantly come back to it. I know this characters. I love this characters. They are my friends, old old friends. And one cannot live on Shakespeare alone, nor on Morrison alone. Plus, I haven't really been reading that much lately so I figured I needed something light.

No comments: