Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Aldous Huxley's Brave New World Revisted

Aldous Huxley's Brave New World Revisted.
Began: 1/02/07
End: 01/03/07
Quality: Eight Out of Ten.
Reason: Unread, just finished brave new world.
Genre: Essays.
Number: First.

Summary: Huxley wrote this twenty-six years after writing Brave New World to discuss ways in which the world was becoming similiar to his dystopian world. It is divided into a few different sections about different aspects of Brave New World such as Over-Population , Chemical Persuasians, ect.

Thoughts: I actually liked this quite a bit more than Brave New World. I mean Brave New World was such an idea novel, such a piece of persusian and this seems like it is more of the genre that these ideas should have been presetned in rather than in novel form. It is rather outdated since Huxlet wrote it almost fifty years ago but I still thought that he made some very good points and I am also interested in reading more of his ideas about the education of freedom and spirituality.

Recommendations: I would not give this a blanket recomendation. It is good. I enjoyed it and look forward to reading it again but I think it is more benefical to those interested in politics, in Huxley and in the counter-culture.

No comments: