Monday, January 22, 2007

William Shakespeare's The Tragedy of Julius Ceasar

William Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar
Began: 1/17/07
End: 01/21/07
Quality: Six Out of Ten.
Reason: Reading Plan
Genre: Drama; Shakespeare
Number: Second???
Thoughts:

I read this particular Shakespeare play due to the fact that I have been completely obsessed with the HBO series Rome of late. I definitely did not pick up all that I should have with this one. My attention span has been so completely horrible of late. I still enjoyed it. I wish that Portia had a bigger role. She was probably my favorite. Portia and Brutus. They were both so sadly noble. This, of course, is the whole tragedy of the damn play. I think I will end here. What is the point, really, of writing about Shakespeare after people like Harold Bloom and Northup Frye already have???

No comments: