Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Kenneth Grahame’s Wind in the Willows



Kenneth Grahame’s Wind in the Willows
Begin: 05/08/07
End: 05/15/07
Quality: Nine out of Ten
Reason: Random.
Genre: Children’s Literature.
Original Language: English.
Date of Publication: 1908
Fog Index: 10.1/72% are harder.
Flesch Index: 69.4/82% are harder.
Flesch-Kincaid Index: 8.2/70% are harder.
Complex Words: 7%/87% have more.
Number: Third?
Synopsis: This is the story of a group of anthomorphic animal friends, Rat, Badger, Mole and Toad.
Thoughts: I really liked this novel. I do remember this having more of a central plot which is not at all true. It’s a bit of a rambling work that is only connected by the characters but I still really enjoyed it. I especially liked when Pan made an appearance.

I thought the whole scene where Rat is practically hypnotized by the sailor rat to be rather weird. And I have to say, I was a little disappointed that Toad was not punished at all for all of his deviance. He just got off scott free. I don’t know how I feel about that since I thought he was a bit of an ass.

I guess that’s it for this one.

No comments: