Thursday, December 13, 2007

Samuel Beckett's Endgame



Samuel Beckett's Endgame
Begin: 12/11/07
End: 12/12/07
Quality: Three out of Ten.
Reason: Modern Drama.
Genre: Drama. Irish Literature.
Original Language: French.
Date of Publication: 1957.
Fog Index: 4.7/98% are harder.
Flesch Index: 89.7/99% are harder.
Flesch-Kincaid Index: 2.5/99% are harder.
Complex Words: 5%/95% have more.
Number: First.
Synopsis: Hamm and Clov, are a master and servant stuck in this tiny house, there doesn’t seem to be anything outside of the house. Did I mention that Hamm’s parents live in garbage cans? Hamm and Clov are dependent on each other and seem to have an intense love/hate relationship.
Thoughts: Weird. I don’t think I got it. I liked it to a certain extent. I felt that it was a attempt to explore existential angst and exploring modern relationships in a metaphorical manner but I could just be making that up. Maybe the whole point is seeing your own ideas in it.

No comments: