Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest



Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest
Begin: 03/5/07
End: 03/05/07
Quality: Ten Out of Ten.
Reason: Modern Drama
Genre: Modern Drama. Farce. Comedy.
Original Language: English.
Date of Publication: 1899.
Protagonists: Jack. Algernon.
Antagonists: Lady Bracknell.
Setting: London and Hertfordshire. 1890's.
Fog Index: 9.8/76% are harder.
Flesch Index: 64.5/73% are harder.
Flesch-Kincaid Index: 7.1/79% are harder.
Complex Words: 13%/59% have more.
Number: Ninth?
Oscar Wilde; why are you so good to me?
I mean really? This man is amazing. This play is simply hysterical. And it is so quotable.
"The only way to behave to a woman is to make love to her, if she is pretty, and to someone else if she is plain."
He's amazing.
I don't really have anything substantial to say about this play because it's so frivolous and mainly because my shift at work is over in ten minutes. Needless to say, I love it and it's gay little subtleties. I mean bunburying? Cucumber sandwiches? Oscar, I love you!!

No comments: