Monday, April 30, 2007

Mildred D. Taylor's Let the Circle be unbroken



Mildred D. Taylor’s Let the Circle be Unbroken
Begin: 04/25/07
End: 04/29/07
Quality: Ten out of Ten
Reason: Unread.
Gene: Fiction. Children’s Literature. .
Original Language: English.
Date of Publication: 1981
Fog Index: 6.8/92% are harder.
Flesch Index: 78.27/94% are harder.
Flesch-Kincaid Index: 5.1/92% are harder.
Complex Words: 6%/92% has more.
Number: First.
Synopsis: This is the sequel to Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry. It follows after that summer of that previous novel. Cassie is still the narrator and in this book, she has to content with the trial of T.J., the arrival of a cousin and Stacey running off to look for work.
Thoughts: I really enjoyed this novel. It did not find it quite as amazing as Roll of Thunder but it was still really impressive and I am more than willing to read more about the Logan Family. It had some really good quotes but I failed to note where they were so I now have no idea.

I don’t know what it is about African-American literature that draws me so but it is definitely worth some time to try and discover.

I guess I don’t have much to say other than that!

No comments: