Thursday, September 6, 2007

James Bowman's Honor:a a history



James Bowman’s Honor: a history
Begin: 08/20/07
End: 09/03/07
Quality: Three out of Ten.
Reason: Random.
Genre: Non-fiction. Military History. Social History.
Original Language: English.
Date of Publication: 2006.
Fog Index: N/A
Flesch Index: N/A
Flesch-Kincaid Index: N/A
Complex Words: N/A
Number: First.
Synopsis: This book seeks to document the changes of honor over history in Western Civilization, he gives particular emphasis on how honor was perceived after World War 1. He also argues for a read option of a new honor system.
Thoughts: This was completely different than I thought it was going to be. He mostly just dealt with honor after World War I. I am not that interested in that. I was hoping for a more thorough explanation and analysis of honor especially in the middle ages. It was still plenty interesting. His ideas for a resurgence of honor were also especially fascinating. I do remember getting annoyed at some of his ideas at a few points but I can’t remember specifics because I read it mostly while on vacation.

No comments: