Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Marc Sautet's Nietzsche for Beginners

Marc Sautet's Nietzche for Beginners
Begin: 02/20/07
End:02/21/07
Quality: One Out of Ten.
Reason: Unread. Beginner's Series.
Genre: Philosophy; Non-Fiction
Number: First.
Thoughts:

I love this series but this particular one really was incredibly obtuse and completly useless to me. Unlike some of the other books in this series that I have read (i.e. Marx, Sartre) I came into this one has an actual beginner. I have never really read much about Nietzche although I have always wanted to do so. And I have to say that after reading this book, I don't feel like I understand Nietzche any better than when I first began the book. And I am still at a loss as to why Wagner figured so prominently in this work. The author seems to hate Nietzche and I had a hard time following what the hell he was talking about most of the time. I did notice that it was translated so maybe that has something to do with it but overall I found this to be a horrible horrible book and a complete waste of time.

No comments: