Sunday, January 20, 2008

Christopher Moore's Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal



Christopher Moore’s Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ’s Childhood Pal.
Begin: 12/27/07
End: 1/6/08
Quality: Ten out of Ten.
Reason: Unread. Samantha.
Genre: Comedic Novel. Fiction.
Original Language: English.
Date of Publication: 2002.
Fog Index: 7.1/90% are harder.
Flesch Index: 77.6/93% are harder.
Flesch-Kincaid Index: 5.4/90% are harder.
Complex Words: 6%/92% have more.
Number: First.
Synopsis: This pretty much is a full-length story of the life of Jesus, according to his best friend, Biff. The bible talks about the birth of Jesus and his ministry but leaves a whole lot of shit out. Christopher Moore has taken a comic look at the missing years.
Thoughts: I kinda have a funny story about this book. I was at Barnes and Nobles with my friend Caleb. We were looking for something else and we saw this book. I mocked it. I said that I was too much of a snob to read it or anything by Christopher Moore. I now recant. Completely Recant. This book was so damn good. Samantha and Dave bought it for me for my birthday and it was mesmerizing. I am fairly well versed in the bible and the teachings of Jesus having been a Pentecostal for a few years and a serious church go-er. It even made my aesthetic ass rethink the teaching of Jesus and my summarily rejection of him and his church. It was funny, poignant, smart and thought provoking. It reminded even a bit of Tom Robbins. I highly recommend it. It was also not quite as sacrilegious as I would have expected.

No comments: