Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Toni Morrison's Love


Toni Morrison’s Love
Begin: 1/19/08
End: 1/21/08
Quality: Seven out of Ten.
Reason: Reading Plan.
Genre: Fiction. African-American Fiction. Literature.
Original Language: English.
Date of Publication: 2003
Fog Index: 8.1/85% are harder.
Flesch Index: 72.4/86% are harder.
Flesch-Kincaid Index: 6.1/86% are harder.
Complex Words: 8%/82% have more.
Number: Third?
Synopsis: This is the story of the women in the life of Bill Cosey. We have his granddaughter, his wife, his former employer L and a few others.
Thought: As I have stated many times, I am completely obsessed with Toni Morrison. She is by far my favorite writer and I spend more than a little time immersed in her many novels. This might just be my least favorite of all of her books. I mean, I liked it. Don’t get me wrong. It just doesn’t have the same effect as say the Bluest Eye or Song of Solomon.

I loved the idea of a novel based around a character that is long dead and yet still carries so much weight in this novel. I also really wanted to spend time with L. What a captivating character! I mean I literally could read her section over and over again.

No comments: