Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mary Norton's Bedknob and Broomstick



Mary Norton’s Bedknob and Broomstick.
Begin: 1/13/08
End: 1/13/08
Quality: Eight out of Ten.
Reason: Unread.
Genre: Children’s Literature.
Original Language: English.
Date of Publication: 1943.
Fog Index: N/A
Flesch Index: N/A
Flesch-Kincaid Index: N/A
Complex Words: N/A
Number: First.
Synopsis: Three siblings gain a present from a witch in training and have numerous adventures including getting locked up in a jail in London, escaping from cannibals on a tropical island and even going back in time to converse with a 17th century necromancer.
Thoughts: The movie is one of my all time favorite Disney movies and so when I found the book outside of Shaw’s, I was very excited. I ended up reading it on the bus to Providence one day. I did really enjoy it but it’s just totally different from the movie. They took the basic idea and just switched and jumbled everything. I still did enjoy it, it was just weird getting used to the new story.

No comments: